Rsync is a common command that users and administrator alike uses it to synchronize files. The closest function that Microsoft uses is xcopy .
The question is can it be done. My reply is yes… terms and condition applies. Continue reading
An ASP web application in which the backend DBMS is running on MSDE 2000 SQL Server.
Making the ASP web application to use MSSQL 2005 Express on to the server. On top of that database created on the MSDE 2000 Instance needs to be migrated over to the MSSQL 2005 .
1. MSDE 2000 SQL Server instance name is localhostHELM , MSSQL db name HelmDb.
2. MSDE 2000 SQL Server instance is running at a non MSSQL default port (not 1433).
3. MSSQL Server 2005 Express is used.
4. Using default MSSQL Server 2005 Express instance localhostSQLEXPRESS .
5. OS used Windows Server 2003.
Workflow : Continue reading